How To Install Norton Antivirus On Windows
Explore the Norton Setup Procedure
Norton antivirus is one of the famous and popular antiviruses in the world. It provides many security features to your personal computer depending on your requirements. If you recently purchased a subscription of Norton antivirus and looking for steps on how to install Norton antivirus on windows then read this article further.
How To Install Norton Antivirus On Windows: Steps
The installation process for Norton antivirus consists of following steps.
- Go to the official website of Norton.
- Scroll to the Sign in section and enter your credentials to sign in.
- Enter your product key and click on the download Norton option.
- Click on the Agree & Download below the Install On This Device section.
- Once the download process is finished, locate the file and launch it to start the installation process.
- You’ll see the My Norton Downloader application that will download all the essential files. After the files are downloaded, a Windows User Account Control warning will prompt. Click on Yes to continue.
- Now you’ll see the My Norton Installer interface where you’ll need to click on install to the install the antivirus.
- The installer will begin the installation process and it’ll take couple of minutes on the basis of your PC configurations.
Once the installation is complete, you can choose to set the Norton Security Toolbar in your default web browser, disable or enable this browser extension,
Now, you’ll see the 'Communicating with the Norton server...' message on your screen that will prompt for the couple of times and then it will change to 'Activating...'.This means that your PC device is now protected.
Now that the antivirus is successfully installed on your computer ort laptop, the welcome screen will show you its features and other tour options. You can skip them, if you wish to or else you can click on the Skip Tour option.
At last, you’ll be able to see the Norton Security dashboard where you can operate Norton's settings, see your subscription status, start manual virus scans, etc.